Welcome to the 5th Annual Helicopter 2050 Challenge!
Come up with a concept for a sustainable, environmentally friendly helicopter of 2050.
The contest launches on June 1, 2015 — stay tuned!
Share your vision or design for the helicopter of 2050. What will it do? What will it look like? How will it be powered?
We will judge your entry or entries based on:
- Uniqueness of concept (50%)
- Description of invention/idea (25%)
- Creativity (25%)
Click here for some brainstorming ideas!
This challenge is open to kids 9–16. Only individual entries will be accepted. Read the official rules here.
You can enter your ideas any time between June 1, 2015 and October 15, 2015.
Click here to enter online!
It's fun—and you could win GREAT prizes. The entrant with the top idea will be awarded
- the "2014 Igor Sikorsky Youth Innovator Award"
- a $1,000 scholarship
- a trip to Sikorsky headquarters in Stratford, CT to attend the award presentation and tour the facility!
Four finalists will receive a Sikorsky prize pack. Learn more.
Interested in submitting your entry offline?
- Download and print an entry form. (Available June 1st)
- Complete the entry form and all information on the parental permission form.
- Then, return by October 15, 2015
- mail your entry to the address provided on the forms, or
- email a PDF to email@example.com, or
- fax the forms to (203) 612-3321